Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 16 Bhulbhule to Jagat 14th July 2009


Break Fast


Everest Guest House .. Ramli and Me




Backyard of Everest Guest House

Morning started with breakfast, cheese omelet for Ramli and pancake with honey for me.. Got ready and waited for our clothes to soak in the final sunlight before we leave… My heart was thumping as I’m afraid I couldn’t make it for the trek…


View of Pisang Peak

After leaving Hotel Everest, walked about 15 mins to the view of Pisang peak. Snow capped peak from a far. Wow beautiful and not to forget the fantastic sunny weather today.. Clear blue skies… The first 2 hrs of the trek was good, passing a few villages took pictures with the locals, especially the children as we handed sweets to them one by one..Their innocent faces and smile just makes our day…Met a “speedy Gonzales”(little boy from Lachung village) look a like boy here..So cute and shy…kekekek


strong, small and stout..


with my shades... Cool


The whole geng ..

After the 3rd hr which is about 1130hrs, my shoulders is aching and I am panting like “sh*&t*… Im so going to die I thought to myself, trying my bests all the way to maintain the pace… Another 2 hours Rahul said we will stop for lunch… My bag maybe weighing about 8 – 10 kg and I know Ramli’s is much heavier with laptop etc… Finally arrived at the lunch stop at about 1300hrs, phew what a relief for me… a long rest finally !!! Ordered our lunch Dhalbhat which is cooked from scratch so took about 1 hr.. Yahoo I thought longer rest… We took off our shoes to let our shoes and socks cool down from the hot sun…

While resting saw baby ducklings passing heading for the puddle of water up front… chicks following the hen strolling around the streets and finally took shelter near the place we were seating… the villagers was just seating around and doing their own stuffs or doing nothing and staring into space…

Ramli knew that my bag was quite a burden for me so asked me to give him some of the things to put in his bag, I didn’t want to burden him too much but he kept asking for more.. In the end my bag was quite empty… Ermmm

Lunch was ready about 1345hrs, nice Dhal bhat with mint chilli… Yummmy When lunch was finished I knew the time to move on is near.. I actually dreaded this moment cause im so tired already and same time also felt like a BIG LOSER… Wahahahha so swallow whatever thoughts we left and continue with another 4-5 hrs of walking …


A desk and some plastic bottles


village kids brushing their teeth

We walked about 45mins or so and arrived at a small river, seems no one wanted to take out their shoes to cross.. Rahul tried crossing first but failed and got his shoes all soaked in water as the current was strong and the rocks wasn’t high enough to pass the water level… After Ramli tried with Rahul trying to help put some rocks in for us to pass with ease… He tried while Ramli attempted to cross but the rock wasn’t big and stable enough so Ramli’s right leg went into the water and soak his socks and shoes all wet, he got fed up.. So just walked pass the river no more trying to keep his shoes dry since one side already soaked… Keekke I was last so when I saw this situation I decided that I wanted to take out my shoes and cross barefooted.. I rather take the trouble to wear my socks and shoes again and not wanting to have my shoes and socks soaked…. Wahahahah Rahul was telling Ramli that women sometimes are so smart, they stand behind, monitor tthe situation before making any moves… He ask if he could pour a bottle of water in my shoes so I will be like them.. No way I said!! Wahahahah

The road after here is all up hill and I hate it!! Kept panting and panting and after about 1 hr we rested at a food stall for a while and met 4 guys who was carrying a big load on their heads… They rested for lunch and was getting ready to move off … We looked and asked Rahul what they are carrying as one of the man have a big huge baggage with him… After he asked, we were really shocked. One of them is carrying 4inch super single mattress x 5 pcs .and the other 4 is carrying wooden planks size like for a single bed… They are sending to the hotel at Pisang… One of the places we will stop by maybe on the 4th or 5th day… Rahul spoke with the guy and found out they need 7 days to arrive at Pisang and they just left Bhulbhule today.. Still have another 6 days or so to go… Me and Ramli really really salute the locals there… Is really amazing what they can carry. We also saw a man carrying a desk with plastic bottles on his head… My good ness… How do they do it? Made me more determine to complete today …

After about 2 hrs of walking, we pass a junction where the government is doing some blasting to build roads and clearing for hydro power station .This was it … We had to climb a steep hill with blasted stones for about 30 mins to get over the ridge to the other side.. Die liao this time… After passing the critical blasting sites, I turned and realize Ramli and Rahul was quite a far distance behind me.. Hmmm than saw that Ramli was panting very hard. Ish must be the super heavy bag.. I feel so bad bad bad …. Rested for a while continued uphill.. Ramli had to stop at the tip cause his calfs, tighs and ankles all cramped… Alamak… Kesian my dear husband… Rahul kept asking us to continue walking cause over the ridge about 1hr we will arrive at the hotel… Ramli still having his cramps and we rested at a hotel cafĂ© for while and Rahul offered to carry Ramli’s bag and let Ramli carry his small bag. So off we went slowly but surely looking forward to arrive at the hotel..

Passing the trail to the hotel, Rahul showed us some wild cannibis or marijuana!! Wahhh seems no one pluck any yet… Is the season now Rahul said but said the villagers aren’t interested… What a waste I guess is any “fans” would get to know… Quite a lot of the it around that area… Kkekeeekke

About 45 mins later we finally arrived at the hotel.. Must be huge relief for Ramli… Finally!! He lepak at the benches at the courtyard of the hotel.. Another cosy and nice place… Especially the courtyard, you can see the views of the mountains from here … We rested for a while took our showers and washed whatever we need to wash.. .And again waited for dinner, tuna pizza and veg + egg fried rice with mint tea again…

After the nice dinner we sat for a little chat and it started raining heavily so we retired to our rooms to have a early night as tomorrow according to Rahul is more tedious then today as we need to climb upwards and arrive at our destination for tomorrow Manang which is about 1800km+ above sea level.. Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Hoping for good weather and energy to walk…

No comments: